The summer of 2018 is shaping up to be a hot one. We are thinking of all you pregnant mums to be out there. We thought we would share a few summer pregnancy tips. Hopefully, they will help you to keep cool and relaxed.
- Wear loose clothing – great to let the air circulate around your growing bump.
- Keep hydrated – water, water, water. Invest in a cool water bottle
- Keep your feet elevated – this will help to reduce Edema (swelling). Which can be worse in the warm summer months.
- Invest in the right shoes – uncomfortable shoes can be a killer at the best of times
- Head to the supermarket – crazy I know but the air conditioning in shops is so welcome when you are hot and fluster. Or even just chill out in the car with the air conditioning on full blast.
- Create your own mist bottle – buy a little spray bottle from Poundland. Fill it with water and use it to spray on you to cool off.
- Stay in the shade – when you are out and about seek out the shade as pregnant ladies are more susceptible to sunburn.
- Buy a fan – the nights can be hot and sticky, so hopefully, this will help to give you a restful night.
- Don’t make grand plans – take one day at a time. Some days you may be full of energy and others you might want to relax.
- Invest in a small paddling pool – Great for popping your feet in after a day at work or after running errands.
- See if home working is an option – sometimes a commute, when it’s hot, can exhaust you, so you may well be more productive to work from home. so check with your employer to see if this is an option.
- Swap duvets for sheets – also pop your sheet in the freezer and then put them on at bedtime. Which means that you’ll start the night cool.
We hope these simple tips help, if you have any others please comment with them.