- Welcome to Sunflower Baby Massage!
Take-time out, Relax and Experience the Gentle Tranquillity of Baby Massage.Emma is a Certified Infant Massage Instructor with the International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM) and accredited by the Royal College of Midwives, Complementary Therapists Association and Embody.
Emma offers Baby Massage across Poole, Bournemouth and Wareham through Lilliput Health, Total Therapy and Wareham Children’s Centre, as well as one-to-one courses in the comfort of your own home.
About Baby Massage and the Benefits…
Massaging babies has been a traditional practice passed down from generation-to-generation for over 3000 years, and in many cultures continues to be a routine part of daily baby-care.
This connection through positive nurturing touch is acknowledged to:
• Ease the transition from ‘womb-to-world’
• Enhance parent-baby understanding, bonding and communication
• Encourage relaxation and deeper sleep
• Support digestion, relive colic, wind and constipation
• Reduce crying and emotional distress
• Strengthen the body systems
• Boost brain development, plus so much more!
Sunflower Baby Massage IAIM courses draws from both Indian and Swedish massage traditions, as well as incorporating principles from yoga and reflexology to promote interaction, stimulation, relaxation and relief.
Courses are held over five-weekly classes and are designed for babies from birth to crawling. Only parents massage their babies, and classes are kept small, adaptable and totally baby-led.
Emma offers a welcoming, warm and tranquil space for you to learn the art of Baby Massage.
Over the five-weeks we cover:
• Massage Strokes for your baby’s legs, feet, stomach, chest, arms, hands, face and back.
• A short routine to relieve colic, wind and constipation.
• Gentle Movements, based on the principals of Yoga.
• Weekly repetition of massage stokes, with detailed handouts.
• The best time, for how long to massage and what massage oils to use.
• How to adapt the strokes for your baby’s individual needs.
• Discussion around a variety of related topics to support the parenting journey.
• Meeting new friends, unwinding and sharing the load over scummy cakes!
To book a place contact Emma on: 07737 503092 email@example.com
For more information visit: http://www.sunflowerbabymassage.weebly.com or
Runs on: Tuesdays, Saturdays, Sundays
From Birth to Pre-Crawling
Next Group Course dates:
19th March – Poole
25th April – Wareham
One-to-one course are available for those more specialist situations
Contact Emma on 07737 503092 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any further details.